1. The Pittsburgh Penguins were originally known as the Southtown Stripminers because they were all part time coal miners.
2. The popular fashion trend of wearing giant furry viking like boots actually originated in Pittsburgh when Angelina Jolie was in town filming the illfated "Thor: Daughter of Fate" film. The production was cut short and rightfully so as it followed the short storyline where Thors brother Loki turned him into a woman. Jolie was spotted in public wearing the viking style boots and it was all downhill from there.
3. Pittsburgh was the first town in the United States to have its skyline published in Time magazine.
4. The Pittsburgh Pirates are capeable of winning baseball games.
5. In addition to being the nations 3rd Bloggiest city, Pittsburgh also clocks in as the nations 4th most natural disaster prepared (hurricanes, earthquakes and the like) 2nd for Nuclear attack preparedness and 1st in prepersation for zombie attacks. Fucking zombies.
*The original, full sized Jolie as Thor movie poster is available. If you wanna see it, let me know in the comments.