Monday, June 30, 2008

And now, a word on me.

As I sit here staring at the empty window and the blinking cursor, I’m wracking my brain sections for a topic to write about. "What’s topical? Maybe you can do another silly post? Something heartfelt? Let's break it down. What do you know?"
Answer: I know a bit about myself. So, ladies and gentlemen, I give you a few things about myself that I know and you might not.

1. Hip Hop. I fancy myself a musician. To be specific, a Hip Hop artist. Also, I believe there is a very distinct line between Rap and Hip Hop. Ask. Ill tell you.

2. I love to cook. LOVE to cook. Being in a fully equipped kitchen while cooking a 2 or 3 course meal with music blaring and blocking out the outside world. I love having a side towel hanging from my waist and a chef’s knife in my hand. Cooking big meals is fun for me.

3. Star Wars nerd. Wall mounted replica of Mace Windus lightsaber? Check. Every Star Wars made for the PC for the last 12 years or so? Check. Original Star wars toys? Check and also Millennium Falcon? check. Movies memorized? Yes that would be a check. Grew up with it, wrote about it, played it, its in my blood, in my speech, and in my house. Star Wars. I don’t know if George Lucas ruined my life or saved it.

4. Stand up comedy. I absolutely love stand up comedy. GOOD stand up comedy. I look at stand up comedy as an art form. And, just like art, some of it sucks. There is a reason comedians like George Carlin and Richard Pryor stand the test of time.

5. Energy Drinks. As a side effect of doing the Wrestling Mayhem Show I’ve become a bit of a connoisseur of Energy Drinks. From time to time we will sample and rate various drinks live on the air. The worst I’ve ever had was Steven Segals wretched clusterfuck of a drink which tasted like feet and rotten black cherries. The best was a toss up between Sobes Essential Energy Orange and Rockstars Energy Punch. The harshest and also most effective was called simply Cocaine. 1 can equals 4 and a half Red Bulls. I drank 2 cans that night. I almost exploded.

3 comments:

  1. I need to get you cooking with beer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooking with Beer, I'm with spoon.
    Energy drinks??? Only need coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have that James Bond look going on.

    ReplyDelete